Sunday 21 April 2013

Student Take-Over Haul.

Thursday evening i went to my local shopping centre, Meadowhall for its student event, i was hoping for amazing discounts and free stuff and its exactly what I got!                       
                       
Iv wanted some cowboy-style boots for ages and was hoping to save toward my dream pair by Kurt Geiger at £65 but instead got these gorgeous fringed tan boots for £18 from Primarni,I find it really hard to buy shoes in regular shops because my feet are a tiny size 2 and the shoes usually start at a three so i have to get boots or shoes with laces or straps.  I don't usually shop in primark often unless its for something I'm not going to wear often and I originally went in for a pair of party shoes but came out empty handed in the party-shoe area.
I got this for super cheap in TKMAXX in the reduced section for £5.99, its an argon oil hair mask for restoring your hair which I super need since my hair is dead from all the peroxide powder i used on it during the transformation from brown to bright purple. I already had a Paul Smith argon oil cream I got in a Cosmo magazine that is so lush, you just apply it when your hair is damp then dry it out and it makes your hair all shiny and nice so I'm hoping this hair mask will rescue my poor bleached ends, it smells so fantastic like really warm and comforting but also exotic, its also kind of coconut-y which is my favourite smell in the whole world.
                           

From Boots (UK cosmetics store) I got these Katy perry eyelashes in cool Kitty £5.95 for a party I'm going to Friday, I'm good at putting fake eyelashes on other people but iv never really tried doing them on myself so I'm abit worried but the instructions on the back seem quite fair, I don't want to end up looking like a spider has crawled on my face and made a nice home on my eyes. Katy Perrys eyes are huge so how am I meant to judge if these are a medium size compared to her eyes or to regular peoples eyes, they could be 5 inches long and seem tiny on her and look ridiculous on my tiny eyes.
                             

I got some more hair dye because my hair was turning a strange white-ish blue (you'll see that in  my other pictures). When I first dyed my hair purple I used Crazy Colour in Hot purple and it wasn't very good (it did last quite long though which is something for a bright dye), the second time (Profile picture is this colour) I used Manic Panic Ultra Violet and the colour was so nice but it only lasted a week so now I'm trying this Violet by Directions, they cost me £8 for two.
                 
For a really long time iv only been using a blusher brush for all my make-up like bronzer, blusher and powders and iv always lusted after this set, EcoTools is basically a variety of make-up brushes all of which have bamboo handles because bamboo is a resourceful material, recycled aluminium ferrules and cruelty-free bristles, it all comes in a hemp and cotton make-up case . Iv wanted these for a long time because as a vegetarian id like to think that the things I'm buying have less of a cruel effect on animals (I know its unrealistic because make-up and clothes etc but I always try to buy animal friendly and 98% natural face washes). They cost me £15 for a blusher brush, eye shading brush,angled eyeliner brush, concealer brush, lash&brow groomer and the Hemp and cotton case.I used these today and oh my gosh the bristles are the softest iv ever encountered!
                                                  The Fashion Fox with a Fashion Fox!
                     
                           
There I am saying "I don't buy alot from primark" and here I am again with something else from primark, I honestly think that the HOME section of primark is wonderful especially for teenagers, alot of my bedsheets are from Primark HOME section such as a lovely grey New York bedspread, plus I absolutely adore the cute pillows of foxes and moustaches, i always check it out for candles and such and stumbled upon these pillow-cases, they're kind of a china pattern (which I love I have a shirt of it from Topshop) and I just think these would be super cute as a back pillow and really kitsch to have in my room.

One of my all time favourite shops is Urban Outfitters so when I heard they had a discount on i flocked to it like a mad woman, with my friends party in mind I bought this silver sparkly crop top (£20) and leather skirt (£32) as-well as the cutest elephant necklace (£12). I don't usually wear crop-tops because I don't have the worlds best figure but I'm totally fine with having the upper stomach out so I thought for her party id just go for it.

             


The Body Shop were giving away little empty pots which you could go in to the store and fill up with anything that had a tester, I spent such a long time choosing seeing as they have so many fabulous products but I finally settled on the Nutriganics 98% Natural smoothing night cream, it smells fabulous and I used it a few nights ago and the next day my skin was so smooth and luscious  honestly it was so silky and soft. I think it was so wonderful that Body Shop gave this give-away as it allows free choice of what you want for free and how much of it you want.

Cath Kidson held a little 1940's tea-party in collaboration with Fancie Cake company. They gave us little CK fake tattoos then when you showed the tattoo in Cath Kidson you got a cute little free cupcake.
In Exchange for walking around clucking and shouting I love Nandos I won a free meal at Nandos and Dan won a free soft drink.



This last part is the most exciting of them all, I went for my make-up doing for free using the new collection by Elizabeth Arden and I mentioned my blog and they gave me some awesome samples to review, I'm going to do a video this week on the whole thing but here's some pictures of the new collection and a little thing on what works for me.
     

              
                            
                  

I'm going to start by saying what make-up was used on me personally, so the darker brown and the darker purple eye-shadows (from the two palettes were used to create a smoky eye and bring out the purple in my hair, a bronzer was used to contour my face, a light pink blusher was used to enlighten my face and open up the colours in my eyes and a nude lip gloss was used on my lips.

I was gifted the Elizabeth Arden Skin Correcter (SPF15) which I haven't used just yet, the infamous Eight-Hour Cream ( which I used on my face and lips and it was amazing! it nourishes  the skin so much!), the visible difference optimizing skin serum (which I used and oh my god its brilliant its so amazing, it balances out your skin perfectly),the new Juicy Couture fragrance: Viva La Juicy and Viva La Juicy - La Fleur.

Viva La Juicy La Fleur is very much a light and uplifting scent and is very aquatic and based around the daytime. It smells a little like Davidoff Cool Water mixed with a light fresh flowery undertone whereas the Viva La Juicy is much more for the night time and has much more deep and musky tones.

I'm gonna do a whole video on these gifts so look out for it this week!


Ciao,
 FashionFox xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad I'm not a student anymore, I loved these events. Lincoln didn't do many but Newcastle did LOADS.

    Love everything you bought, especially the UO haul!

    ReplyDelete